Monday, January 31, 2011

Oblivious.

I know sometimes it is cool to not care, but there is a limit to that. There is quite a thick line between minding-our-own-business and being oblivious. "Malas nak layan", we say. Or lebih tepat lagi, I say. Admittedly, it is kind of my favourite phrase. I am an ignorant fool. But as I said earlier, we can't be that way all of the time.

Take the current election for KMG (Komuniti Malaysia Glasgow) new committees as an example. Berapa kerat je yang pergi. Yang pergi pon bukan dengar sangat (yours truly included), pergi nak makan je. We simply don't bother because we will be leaving Glasgow in few months time. Okay, ada lah alasan jugak.

But when it comes to the place where we study, work and live, I simply can't fathom why some of us just don't care. Especially in matters relating to politics. "I hate politics," you say. Did you mean the corruption, exploitation and backstabbing in politics? Almost everybody hates them. I hate them. But blame not the tools, it is us who made it become that way. Politics can be clean. And peaceful.

It is our own country, if we don't give a damn to what happen here, then who will? More responsibilities come as we grow older, and this is one of it. Bila kena mengundi, kenalah pergi undi. Tak bolehlah nak jadi macam muda mudi gila-gila remaja nak vote for Most Popular Artist of the Year je.

I am ashamed to admit I have not been reading the news for quite a while. Lululala je kat sini, buat assignments, jalan-jalan. Totally oblivious to what is happening in Malaysia and around the world. Sekarang tengah banjir kan? Tu pon Mr TD yang mention. What else, hmm. Oh ya, I think most of us are aware of the current anti-Mubarak regime in Egypt. Membontoti jejak langkah Tunisia. If I were in Malaysia right now, I probably won't pay too much attention to it either. Duduk rumah tanam jagung. Riots happen everyday these days. Lagipon bukan kita duduk kat Egypt tu. Kat mana Egypt pon tak sure. Lagi bagus baca berita Chelsea nak beli Torres kan (okay ini obviously tahu dari Mr TD jugak).

Pffffttt. This kind of mentality needs to be chuck in the bin. We need to grow up. Bak kata Sir Azman, "Keluar daripada igloo."

Psst: Makan marshmellow tengah-tengah malam ni rasa macam sugar rush pulak.

6 comments:

doop said...

wah! smak is starting to care. kehkeh

suzie said...

nice one smak..entry yg lbh matang kali nih..=)

Momoe said...

woh entry matang! XD

smak dah register nak mengundi belum?

terigt sir azman yang selalu suka provoke hhehehe. but i like the way he thinks.

::smaku:: said...

hahaha aku memang matang la..i just dont like to show off how matang i am ;P

syafiq said...

smak x mnjwb soalan.. haha

::smaku:: said...

daftar mengundi ke? haha belumlah..hari tu before fly tak sempat and difikirkan takde pon pilihanraya dalam masa terdekat so tak daftar lagi la.